Joint Agency Coordination Centre
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared on 8 March 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 passengers and crew on board.
On 30 March 2014, the Prime Minister of Australia, the Hon Tony Abbott MP, established the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) to coordinate the Australian Government's support for the search into missing flight MH370.
The JACC is the coordination point for whole-of-Australian Government information, messaging and stakeholder engagement, including keeping the families of those onboard and the general public informed of the progress of the search.
The JACC continues working closely with the Government of Malaysia, which under international law has overall responsibility for the search.
The JACC does not perform any search, recovery or investigation activities. These activities remain the responsibility of the expert agencies.
- Operational Search Update—07 December, 2016
- Operational Search Update—30 November, 2016
- Operational Search Update—23 November, 2016
- Operational Search Update—16 November, 2016
- Operational Search Update—09 November, 2016
- MH370—Search and debris examination update